Sunday, September 23, 2012

Make it Rain for Greene County: Day 6

It is still daylight where I am, so it counts. A generous THIRD donation from Joel and Diane Schapira has brought us up to $190.00 for the White Hall Township Library -- we need just $10.00 more and then I can send a check!

This seems like a good time to note that one possible gift for people who donate multiple times is a scarf, knitted by me, in colors and materials of your choice. The other possible gift I'm still finding out about.

SIXTH RAIN DANCE FOR WHITE HALL, IL


Rain, wake the people of White Hall the way
you woke me last night: with your sound and the reminder
that your presence makes complications.
I'm not complaining. I just want to share. When someone
in the mystery I'm reading says, "I just lost
my eye," it means they can't judge. Can't survey. Coincidence
rains its way into the name of the town,
the marble, the roll of the ground, so rain your way
into coincidence, the easy misfile, homophone error of falling.
I can't judge. Can't survey. The fill of the sill,
the fall of the land, its use, the the failure to rise.


Just $10.00 to go. Please donate!


No comments:

Post a Comment