Monday, February 25, 2013

More Big Things: Kate Colby

One of my other favorite poets and people, Kate Colby, doesn't have a blog so I have posted her responses to The Next Big Thing here.

The Next Big Thing

Tagged by: Darcie Dennigan

What is the working title of the book?

What was once one book just became two books, titled I Mean and Blue Hole.

Where did the idea come from for the book?

The dark recesses. And the light ones.

What genre does your book fall under?

Poetry, prose, poetics essays

What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?

Loplop

What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?

“As the object of 20 Questions / I always choose light.”

How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?

These are various writings of the last three years.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

Max Ernst, Joe Brainard, Corita Kent, John McPhee, Easter Island, Mork & Mindy, my son Willie

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

Pink dolphins!

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

I hope and imagine they will be published by a small press or presses. Ugly Duckling and Litmus published my first four books.

Tagging: Youmna Chlala

No comments:

Post a Comment