Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Next Big Thing

Thanks to Deborah Poe for tagging me for this!

Since I don't have a full-length collection coming out in the next little while (unless I do! do I, presses to whom I've sent work?) and because I'm a smartass, I have done this this way:

The Last Big Thing / The Next Little Thing / The Next Next Big Thing

What is the working title of the book?

The Soft Place / The Ground / The Pass / The Wave / Bad Sentence

Where did the idea come from for the book?

My Social Security statement /a drive through Texas to a wedding / A 1929 grammar textbook

What genre does your book fall under?

poetry / poetry / poetry & essays
What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?

I hate this question and I'm not going to answer it.

What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?

I attempt to get through my own armor. / Crossing is hard, even crossing together. / These sentences examine and restage the relationships between grammar and power.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?

about six months / about two months / still working on it

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

my husband James, Bernadette Mayer and Bhanu Kapil / Lynn Xu, Josh Edwards and a border patrol officer, and James, also /  my students and seven other writers

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

Parts of it are kind of funny. / It was once three even smaller books. / Catwoman will make a guest appearance.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

published by Horse Less Press / to be published by Grey Book Press / email me at my gmail address, publiclycomplex, if you think this book might be for you!

I'm tagging Christie Ann Reynolds, Michael Tod Edgerton, and three other MYSTERY PEOPLE -- I'll post links when I have the full list!

No comments:

Post a Comment