Monday, February 17, 2014

Overheard While Hiding From the Sun + Found Poetry at GRIN Gallery

When I fill a notebook, I go back through, gather words and phrases that I haven't already turned into something else, and use them as the first draft of a poem. Sometimes they're phrases that sound good but that I haven't found a place for; sometimes they're things I've read on signs or labels, or heard people say. I have about 35 of these poems now, and some of them have just come out as a chapbook from above/ground press, Overheard While Hiding From the Sun.

I'll be reading from this book, and from the cento booklets I make of past Publicly Complex readings, at:

Finding Poetry in the Existing and Everyday
at the GRIN Gallery in Providence (60 Valley St.,  #3)
on Friday, February 21st, at 7 pm.

Maria Anderson, Martin Elwell, Paul Hostovsky and Amy Pickworth will be reading with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment